1) Amundsen - Discovered South Pole in 1912.
2) Armstrong, Neil A. (USA) - First person to set foot on the moon on July 21, 1969.
3) Cabot - Discovered New Foundland in 1494.
4) Captain Cook - Discovered Sandwich (now Hawaiian) Isles in 1770.
5) Columbus - Discovered Solar system in 1540.
6) Copernicus - Discovered Solar system.
7) David Livingstone - Discovered course of the Zambesi.
8) Edmund Hillary - Joint conqueror of Mount Everest.
9) Ferdinand de Lesseps - Conceived the plan of the Suez Canal.
10) Francis Younghusband - explored the frontier regions of India, China and Tibet.
11) Kepler - Discovered the Laws of Planetary Motion in 1609.
12) Lindbergh - Performed the first solo- flight across the Atlantic in 1927 from New York to Paris.