Best IAS-PCS COACHING IN MOHALI PANCHKULA CHANDIGARH KHARAR ROPAR AMBALA REGION. BEST TESULTS
FREE STUDY MATERIAL- Gk Dose-science terms
1) Hydrophobia - It is a disease caused by biting of a rabid dog. It gives rise to very severe mental symptoms with a great fear of water.
2) Hypothermia - It is loss of body heat. Normal body temperature is 37°C. Hypothermia can set in when the core body temperature drips below 31.7° C.
3) Immunity - not liable to danger of infection or a disease. One who is rendered immune from a disease by injecting disease germs, or their poisons.
4) Injection - forcing a fluid into a vessel or cavity or under the skin.
5) Keratin - is a protein present in hair and nails.
6) Jaundice - a disease causing yellowness of the skin, eyes and urine due to the presence of the colouring matter of bile in the blood.
7) Ligase - This Enzyme can join broken ends of two DNA strands.
8) Maltase - is enzyme which hydrolyses strach into reducing sugars.
9) Microbe - a minute living being causing disease of fermentation.
10) Narcotic - poisonous drug taken to induce sleep-such as opium.
11) Neuralgia - a nerve pain which may arise from disorder of an organ distant from the painful area.
12) Parasite - an animal or plant living in or upon another plant.
13) Pasteurized Milk - It is a Sterilized milk obtained through the process of heating, to prevent it from contamination.
14) Plasma - the fluid portion of all blood composed of serum.
15) Plastic Surgery - to set right physical deformity by grafting.