Eligibility UG Programme- CLAT 2017
Under-Graduate Programme offered by the National Law Universities The eighteen NLUs offer five-year integrated Under-Graduate Law Courses leading to the award of a degree in Law as per their respective nomenclature.
Eligibility Criteria for UG Programme in CLAT-2017
- .(i) Candidates shall be below Twenty (20) Years of age as on 1st July 2017 in case of all Unreserved/NRIs/NRI Sponsored categories candidates.
(ii) Candidates shall be below Twenty Two (22) years of age as on 1st July 2017 in case of SC/ST/ OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) category candidates.
- As regards minimum percentage of marks in qualifying examination (i.e., 10 2), the candidates must have secured:
(i) Forty five percent (45%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved /OBC /Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories, and
(ii) Forty Percent (40%) marks in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST categories.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April 2017 are also eligible for appearing in CLAT-2017 online examination. However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
- The result of qualifying examination (i.e., 10 2) shall be submitted by the candidate at the time of admission failing which the candidate shall be ineligible for admission to the Course.
- In case of equal marks, the breaking of tie shall be by the following procedure and order as under:
(i) Higher marks in the section of legal aptitude in CLAT-2017 exam.
(ii) Higher age.
(iii) Computerised draw of lots.